Sunday, July 19, 2015

ORÍKÌ / ORIN IROSUN MEJI (Invocation for Good Fortune)

ORÍKÌ
IROSUN MEJI
(Invocation for Good Fortune)

Irosun Meji,  Irosun Meji, Irosun Meji,
The Sounding Osun, the Sounding Osun, the Sounding Osun.
Mo be yin, kie jeki awon omo - araye gburo, mi pe mo l’owo l´owo pe mo niyi, pe mo n'ola, pe mo bimo rere ati beebee.
I beg you, let the whole world hear of me, that I am rich, that I have honor, that I have prestige, that my children will be good.
Kie jeki won gbo iro mi kaakiri agbaye,  Irosun Meji.  Ase.
Let them hear around the world that I am a good and blessed person. The Sounding Osun.  May it be so.



ORIN
IROSUN MEJI
(Song for Good Fortune)

Emi won,  emi won è le pa 'Àpéni.  Ìdárí oró ki pa oró.
Their mouth, their mouth, cannot kill l'apeni.  Idari the Smith cannot kill the Smith.
Emi won,  emi won èle pa 'Àpéni.
Their mouth, their mouth, cannot kill l'apeni.



ORIN
IROSUN MEJI
(Song for Good Fortune)

Baba ma je nikan je nikan je.  Iyán ti mo gún.  Baba ma je nikan je.
Father don't let me eat along.  I have prepared soup.  Father don't let me eat alone.
Obè ti mo se. Baba ma je nikan je.
I have my knife.  Father don't let me eat alone.


- Awo Falokun

No comments:

Post a Comment