Saturday, May 9, 2015

ORÍKÌ OYEKU MEJI: Invocation for Good Fortune

Oyeku Meji, Oyeku Meji, Oyeku Meji leemeta.
The Averter of Death, the Averter of Death, the Averter of Death, I call you three times.

Mo be yin, bi iku ba sunmo itosi kie bami ye ojo iku fun.
I beg you, if Death is coming, help us to avert it.

Si ehin Ogun tabi ogorun odun, tabi bi iku ba nbo kie bami yee si ehin ogofa.
For all the years that I will be on the Earth, avert my Death until the pre-ordained time of passing.

Odun tiatibi mi sinu aye kie bami ye ojo iku fun ara mi ati awon omo mi ti mo bi.
Avert Death for all my children and avert Death for all those I include in my prayers.

Kiamaku ni kekere, kiamaku iku ina, kiamaku iku oro, kiamaku iku ejo, kiamaku sinu omi, Ase.
May they not die young, may they not die in fire, may they not die in tragedy, may they not die in shame, may they not die in water.  May it be so.

Ire,
Awo Falokun

No comments:

Post a Comment